Côte de NuitsVintage:
Marsannay is the village which marks the northern gateway to the Côte d'Or on leaving Dijon, the capital of Burgundy and home to the Ducs de Bourgogne.
This village marks the beginning of the Route des Grands Crus which follows the N6 highway through the Côte d'Or.
Wines from Marsannay are generally lively and robust; characteristics that come from the rich iron soil.
Marsannay received its Appellation Contrôlée as recently as 1987 in recognition of the consistently high quality of its wine.
Fermentation ,traditional in open vats , ageing 10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
Our Marsannay is sturdy and robust due to the rich iron-based soil. The wine has an intense bouquet of red fruit and a silky palate with a distinct gamey character and great tannic appeal.
- Marsannay 2018 - Bill Nanson - January 2020 - "Very good!"
- Marsannay 2018 - 91/100 - Wine Enthusiast, December 2020
- Marsannay 2018 - 91/100 - Wine Enthusiast
- Marsannay 2018, 92/100, James Suckling
- Marsannay 2018 - 91 pts - Wine Spectator May 2021
- Marsannay 2018 - Burghound.com, Allen Meadows - Spring 2020 - "A lovely mid-palate texture"